Cookie Notice effective as of May 2018
Nanosonics uses online identification technologies such as cookies on its websites.
What are cookies?
“Cookies” are small text files placed on your hard drive or mobile phone device that assist us in providing a more customised website experience for you.
Cookies help our website to function properly, giving you a better experience. For example, we collect tracking information and statistics about page visits, navigation and video viewing to determine what items are of greatest interest and if it’s easy for users to find content easily. Tracking information is also used to generate various reports about the use of our websites. These reports contain aggregated information about users. We do not link the website usage statistics and other reports to individual people.
We may also utilise online identification technologies from marketing partners, third party sites and social media platforms. These technologies help us measure the success of our marketing and awareness campaigns and to understand how visitors navigate to the websites as a result of Nanosonics promotional material, such as advertisements and email campaigns. We use these technologies to compile statistics about visitors who interact with the websites and other Nanosonics online content, to gauge the effectiveness of our promotional material, and to provide more pertinent information to our visitors.
We use site analytics providers that may set cookies in your browser. Site activity information collected by these analytics providers may be combined with personal information we hold about you.
In order to better manage our websites and to improve the user experience, we also log information on our operational systems and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains, browser types, and IP addresses. Statistics are reported in the aggregate to our webmasters. Anonymous log information is also an effective information resource.
Many browsers permit web site users who are concerned about cookies to decline them. In most cases, you may refuse or delete one or more cookies and still access the websites, but the functionality of the sites you want to visit may be impaired. You may delete site cookies from your system after you finish browsing the websites if you wish to do so.
By using our websites, you consent, where such consent is necessary and valid under applicable law, to our use of the cookies listed in our Cookie Disclosure (link to Cookie information on website) and the placement of these cookies on your device for the purposes described.
What are cookies?
The types of cookie used by Nanosonics
• Session Cookies exist whilst the user is reading or navigating the website. The cookies are usually removed when the user closes their web browser.
• Persistent Cookies remain in your browser until a future date after the user has closed their website session. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
• Performance and analytical cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
• Functionality cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually non-personalised.
• Social media cookies are used to enable integration of social media into the website, so that you can immediately like or share a page or product on your favourite social media service.
Can I disable cookies?
You can accept or decline cookies at any time by accessing the preference panels from your browser’s main menu (usually found under ‘Edit’, ‘Tools’ or ‘Options’). Please note that if you disable all cookies or all of our cookies in your browser settings, it’s possible that certain sections or features of our website(s) will not work, because your browser may prevent us from setting functionally required cookies. That’s why we recommend that you use our website cookies setting instead of disabling all cookies via your web browser. For more general information about cookies, click here.