Now with AcuTrace and Acutrace PLUS for a complete traceability and integration workflow solution
High level disinfection traceability
protects your patients and your institution
Traceability refers to the documentation collected to link medical devices and their reprocessing parameters with their use on patients.1-3
- In the event of infection outbreaks it is important to have this information recorded.
- Accrediting agencies look for traceability processes that are compliant with evidence based standards and guidelines.
- According to UK and Irish guidelines “… a system
must be in place to ensure probes are tracked through the decontamination process and linked to the patient on whom the devices have been used.”1,2 UK Health Technical Memorandums also require that records pertaining to cleaning, disinfection, patient use, operator, as well as records relating to qualification and validation are maintained, preferably via an automated system.3,4
Simplify audit-ready high level disinfection records
AcuTrace is a simple-to-use high level disinfection traceability system that automatically creates accurate, audit-ready, digital records. Over 100,000 records can be stored directly on a trophon2 device.
trophon2’s AcuTrace-enabled accessories and consumables contain RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) chips that store digital information. As you step through the ultrasound probe reprocessing workflow, trophon2’s built-in AcuTrace reader captures and stores the disinfection cycle data.
trophon2’s AcuTrace simplifies audit-ready
You can review the last disinfection cycle
summary on screen.
Disinfection records can also be downloaded onto a USB for record keeping.
If you have the trophon printer installed, up to four labels with disinfection cycle information can be automatically printed out.
One printed label can be placed on a trophon Clean Ultrasound Probe Cover and another in the patient’s medical record. Alternatively the serial and cycle numbers can be typed into the patient’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
Simplify data access
throughout your facility
AcuTrace PLUS allows you* to configure your hospital IT system to centrally store trophon disinfection records and access the data over a network. Each electronic disinfection record can be linked to a patient’s Electronic Medical Record for easy future reference. Importantly, you can automatically monitor all networked trophons throughout your facility.
*Important note: all connectivity, configuration and integration with customer IT systems is the responsibility of the customer.
AcuTrace PLUS Parametric Release
Parametric Release provides extra reassurance. Access a Critical Parameters summary for each disinfection cycle.
Future proof your facility
The new AcuTrace platform makes trophon2 future ready as it allows new functionality to be introduced through firmware upgrades.
*All connectivity, configuration and integration with customer IT systems is the responsibility of the customer.
2. Health Protection Scotland (HPS) (2016). NHSScotland Guidance for Decontamination of Semi-Critical Ultrasound Probes; Semi-invasive and Non-invasive Ultrasound Probes.
3. Welsh Health Technical Memorandum (WHTM) (2014). WHTM 01-06 – Decontamination of flexible endoscopes Part C: Operational management, NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership – Specialist Estates Services: 74.
4. Department of Health (UK) (2016). Health Technical Memorandum 01-06 Part C Operational management. Department of Health (UK), Department of Health (UK),. C: 72.