Introducing the latest innovation in ultrasound probe high level disinfection
to reduce risk
to improve efficiency
to increase compliance
Reduces the risk of ultrasound probe related cross infection in your facility.
- Offers effective bactericidal, fungicidal and virucidal protection1
- Ensures consistent and reproducible high level disinfection. Be reassured you are protecting your patients while meeting ultrasound probe high level disinfection guidelines and standards1-7
Prevents exposure to hazardous chemicals, fumes and spills.
- Sealed system with automatic door locking and sealed disinfectant cartridge
- Enclosed chemical indicator. No manual test strips
Environmentally friendly by-products for safe and easy disposal.
- Recyclable disinfectant cartridges and greater than 70% recyclable components
- Patented system breaks down the disinfectant primarily into oxygen and water with a small discharge tray for easy disposal of by-products
Place at point of care and setup in a wide range of locations, on a bench, on a mobile cart or on a wall mount. There’s no need for sink/plumbing or special ventilation and no open chemicals that could spill.
- Whisper quiet disinfection cycle, perfect for use at point of care
- Compact size – fits in examination rooms
Configure trophon2 to your unique needs so it is always ready when you are.
- Sleep timer: Enters power-saving mode when not in use. Adjust in hourly increments or option to turn off
- Daily warm up: Adjustable ‘wake up’ times for each day, so it is ready to start when your day begins
Over 1,000 probes are compatible for use with trophon2 from all ultrasound probe manufacturers.
- Extensive testing: In conjunction with probe manufacturers who give final approval
- Easy to check if your probe is compatible for use with trophon2
- Universal cable clamp: compatible with a wide range of cable diameters 3mm-15mm
- Chamber shape: better fit for curved probes with a hassle free integrated probe positioner
Enhances user experience
- Simple to use with a Large 7” touchscreen with animations to navigate you through the disinfection process
- Colour-coded touch points for streamlined workflows
- Soft close door that automatically seals tight
- Easy Access to trophon2 menu and setup screen
- Future ready: Platform allows new functionality to be introduced through firmware upgrades
AcuTrace™ simplifies the creation of accurate digital records, all stored on your trophon2 to increase audit-readiness
AcuTrace-enabled accessories and consumables contain RFID chips with stored digital information. Electronic data capture eliminates hand-written records and reduces manual error.
Large internal memory stores up to 100,000 disinfection records to simplify record keeping.
Easy access to stored disinfection records on screen, download to a USB, or integrate with your network.
AcuTrace™ PLUS delivers an upgradable option to seamlessly connect trophon2s to your hospital information system to simplify data access
Once connected, all disinfection records are centrally stored and accessible to the rest of your hospital IT system.
Lets you link disinfection data to patient Electronic Medical Records (EMRs). You can also customise data access to monitor all networked trophon2s throughout your facility.
Parametric Release provides extra reassurance. Monitor critical process parameters in real time:
2. Society and College of Radiographers (SCoR) and British Medical Ultrasound Society (BMUS). Guidelines For Professional Ultrasound Practice. Section 1.7: Transducer Cleaning and Disinfection. Revision 2, December 2017.
3. Health Facilities Scotland, NHS National Services Scotland, Health Protection Scotland. Scotland, March 2016. NHS Scotland Guidance for Decontamination of Semi-Critical Ultrasound Probes; Semi-invasive and Non-invasive Ultrasound Probes. Document: HPS/HFS Version 1.0.
4. Health Service Executive (HSE) Quality Improvement Division – Decontamination Safety Programme. Ireland, January 2017. HSE Guidance for Decontamination of Semi-critical Ultrasound Probes; Semi-invasive and Noninvasive Ultrasound Probes. Document: QPSD-GL-028-1.
5. Welsh Health Technical Memorandum WHTM 01-06. Wales, 2014. Decontamination of flexible endoscopes Part C: Operational management (Including guidance on non-channelled endoscopes and ultrasound probes).
6. Nyhsen CM, Brady A, D’Onofrio M, Sidhu P, Humphreys H, Nicolau C, et al. Infection prevention and control in ultrasound – best practice recommendations from the European Society of Radiology Ultrasound Working Group. Insights Imaging. 2017;8(6):523-35.
7. European Committee for Medical Ultrasound Safety (ECMUS; Safety Committee of the European Federation of Societies for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, EFSUMB). Best Practice recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of ultrasound transducers whilst maintaining transducer integrity. 2017.
Instructions For Use
- Chemical Indicator Instructions For Use
- NanoNebulant Cartridge Instructions For Use
- trophon Wall Mount 2 Instructions For Use
- trophon Cart Instructions For Use
- trophon Printer Wall Mount Instructions For Use
- AcuTrace Operator Card Instruction For Use
- AcuTrace PLUS Activation Card Instruction For Use
- AcuTrace Medical Instrument Tag Instruction For Use